Original Antique Brass British Military circa 1937 Officers Prismatic Compass in a Wooden Box

Regular price £300 £0 Unit price per
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.


J.M. Glauser & Sons Ltd. was a British manufacturer. They were contractors to the War Office, Air Ministry, Commonwealth Governments, amongst others.
The company was established in 1929 by Jean Maurice Glauser, a Naturalised British subject of Swiss origin.
In 1938/39, due to the expansion in business, the company bought the old St. James's Laundry in Bensham Manor Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, and set up a new works (Bridge Buildings).  A couple of years later, the company also took over the lease of shops at 349-351 Whitehorse Road, Croydon, where they set up their Head Office.
J.M. Glauser & Sons' scope of production also included equipment such as Braillewriters for the Royal National Institute for the Blind.
The company was wound up in 1956 when the founder retired.